Seated Cable Row Exercise and its Benefitsadmin
The Seated Cable Row Exercise is best for improving the posture. It develops the back muscles and the forearms. It is an excellent all-around compound exercise for developing the middle back and also the arm work. The correct posture can make you look taller and feels more confident and powerful. So, let’s make a simple effort to build our back muscles and arms.
This type of exercise is performed on a weighted horizontal cable machine with a bench and foot plates. It can be a stand-alone piece of equipment or a part of multi-gym. A good form of the cable row includes pulling the shoulder blades together with each stroke. The instructions to perform the Seated Cable Row instructions are mentioned below.
Instructions for Seated Cable Row Workout:
1. Sit upright on the bench by facing the low pulley row machine with a V-bar.
2. Keep your feet on the front platform and make sure that knees are slightly bent but not locked. Then lean over by grabbing the V-bar.
3. For starting position, keep up the arms extended and pull back your torso so that it is at a right angle with your legs. Keep up the lower back slightly arched with relaxed shoulders.
4. Pull the handles of the V-bar back by keeping the torso stationary until your thumbs touch your abs. While pulling out the V-bar, breathe out and squeeze your back muscles.
5. Hold the above pose for a second and slowly release the contraction. Then go back to the starting position.
The above exercise can be repeated for 12 reps with lighter weight for beginners. And for advanced level, it can be done for 25 reps with heavier weight. And also, there are some other exercise variations are available to build the back and forearm muscles.
1. Keep the back straight for every repetition throughout the workout. The torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
2. Use the back muscles to move the weight and do not lean forward to swing the weight back.
3. Don’t let your shoulders bend over whenever the arms are extended.
4. Squeezing for a 1-2 count at the top of the movement will increase the intensity of the workout for better results.
Benefits of Seated Row Exercise:
1. The entire back can be exercised in a non-stressful way. It exercises many muscle groups as it uses the major joints in the body.
2. It also strengthens the posterior deltoids, infraspinatus and teres minor muscles in the shoulders, the brachialis, and brachioradialis in the upper arms and pectoralis major and sternal head muscles in the lower chest. It basically improves the posture and tone your back, arms and lower back making you feel amazing.
3. A regular Seated Row exercise routine can help for maintaining the body posture fit and healthy.
Thus, when the seated row exercise is done correctly and regularly, it will strengthen and tone the back like any other exercise. It is a better option to include in your daily routine for effective results.